Friday, December 14, 2012

Insomnia...Take Advantage of the Quiet

Not able to sleep? You can say it runs in my family, or at least for my dad and I. Not being able to sleep is sometimes a horrible feeling because the next day you are exhausted and do not want to do a thing. However, some nights, not being able to sleep isn't all that bad. See, here lately, with finals and last minute assignments, I haven't been getting into the Word whole-heartily. I haven't been 100% committed to getting into the Word, and I should never allow that to happen. So, this morning, after fighting, trying, and failing to sleep I decided to get up and get into the Word of God.  I decided to study the theme verse for the upcoming Chrysalis, John 3:30.. But I ended up studying and reading John 3:29-36.

See, last year close to this time, I felt that God had told me that I needed to be single for a year, to learn to rely on him and not boyfiends to fill the hole that I've had. Well, in a little under 2 months that year will be up, and this year I have took upon to re-fall in Love with God, has done just that. My God is an AWESOME God. he has showed me so much in the past year that I cannot even attempt to describe, and the best part is He will continue to reveal things to me as I allow him to become greater than me, to become greater than my earthly desires. But in order for that to happen, I have to become less, I have to let go and let God, over EVERY aspect of my life. This year God has revealed so much to me, He has revealed my calling,  and He has showed me that I need to be patient for HIS plan to come and not just go along with what I desire.

My God is an AMAZING God. Any quiet time I get to spend with him and reflect on what he is doing in my life is worth it, no matter the cost. No matter if it means no sleep for Aimee. My GOD will give me the perseverance I need to get me through my tasks for the day!

When God speaks to you, will you be ready to listen, no matter the time?

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes God brings us to the quiet to get our attention. Like not sleeping. ;) proud of you.

    ReplyDelete