Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wandering Mind...

Have you ever had a night where you don't really know where your mind is? Or you know where it is, just don't know how it got to that point, memory, thought, or wherever it might be?

For myself, my mind tends to wander to the what if's of my life. and believe me... there are a lot of them. I think about what would happen if I didn't make the mistakes I made, or end the relationships and friendships that I have ended. I let my mind wander to the point where I think, if I would had made that decision or done this different, I could be done with school, married, and living the life I want... then it hits me... the life I want, may not be the life God wants for me. Or it might not have been the right time for God's plan to begin.


See, letting my mind wander and get to that what if point, doesn't hurt anyone but me. Because I start thinking of the life I could have if I would have changed one. little. thing. Answered one question a different way. But I didn't. I didn't and God has worked in amazing ways in my life since then. Not that I am being boastful, because I fail him daily, in ways I shouldn't fail him.


2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says:


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


See, because of his grace, I am strong. I don't have to worry about the what if's in life. Mainly because, HE has it all figured out. As long as we rely and fully trust in him. Because HE is the way, the truth and the light. (John 14:6).


So I may have failed him a lot in my past and even here recently, but HE is mighty in my weakness. HE will turn my MESS into a MESSAGE for someone.


And he can do the same for you and your life...if you will let him. Just start running to him with arms wide open and do not look back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment